Saturday, June 19, 2010

As far as my Art and Jewelry goes

I have stopped taking bellydance classes for now. It was fun but I think a little pricey for what I got out of it. I am no dancer!

I have re opened my etsy shop.
I find that when my older son is in school, my younger son is very compliant to play on his side of my studio with his art stuff while I make jewelry. I have been able to get so much more done. I need another outlet, I only have things at the gallery and on etsy. so once I build etsy back up, and have alot on hand, I will have to search out other galleries and shops for another place to sell.

There are a few things which have been bothering me which I will not write here in case the wrong people happen upon my words.

I have been working at the gallery on Sundays for more than a year and soon I think I will be working Thursdays also. I am so grateful for the job! and the opportunity to sell my jewelry here.

I have a new artistic interest though. glass. I haven't tried anything with it yet, but I have read and watched videos and learned quite a bit. I understand how to operate my kiln to work with glass now. I have on order the items I need to fuse glass into a mold to make my own "gems"
with these "gems" I will make PMC works of art! I have high hopes that this turns into something I enjoy and can make into beautiful pieces. otherwise I will have to eat $55 in materials and chalk it up to "I tried".
so as far as this new endeavor you will have to come back in a couple of weeks to see how it all worked out. until then check out my etsy shop - click on the widget on the right of your screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment